Become a lay Trustee
A new opportunity has come up for four new lay Trustees to join our team! Currently our Board is made up of 12 Trustees and you will be replacing those who have completed their time in position.
What will you be doing?
1. Preparing for and attending approximately six meetings of the Board each year – these are either held in our offices in Preston, Lancashire, or via video conferencing.
2. Attending the NEBDN’s AGM/conference each year.
3. Being a member of, and participating in, one of our subcommittees – this will include a mixture of face-to-face meetings, teleconferences/video conferencing, and work outside the meetings. Trustees are expected to prepare for the meetings in advance.
4. Attending the annual strategic planning day (usually held in October each year) on a day preceding a Board meeting.
5. Ad hoc assistance as required.
Desired skills and experience
As a lay Trustee you are not required to have any dental knowledge. At present we are especially interested to hear from applicants with expertise in Financial Management and would hope to make at least one appointment in this area. We would also welcome applications from those who have a background in Marketing, Business, Education or Law.
As a lay Trustee you will be expected to have knowledge of the industry in which you work and be willing to learn and contribute to the changing factors of dental nursing education.
The position is available for those who wish to become a Trustee for the first time, and are prepared to be supported in their development, as well as those who have previous experience of board level work.
Time and commitment
Overall the time commitment is approximately 12 days a year plus preparation time.
Roles and responsibilities
This is a voluntary role, however, all travel, subsistence costs and reasonable care costs incurred as a result of being a Trustee will be reimbursed consistent with our expenses policy. As a charity we seek to keep our costs to a minimum.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
Whether you’re looking for a new opportunity or challenge to enhance your career objectives or looking for a chance to work for a leading awarding organisation supporting the future of dental nurse education, NEBDN can support you. You will get an opportunity to contribute ideas, attend conferences and work on one of our Committees – this will be discussed upon interview.
All our Trustees are given a dedicated page on our website with a biography about themselves alongside a professional photo as part of our team!
How to apply?
Applications can be made by filling out our application form
Closing date: 10 July 2020
Interviews: 3-4 August 2020
On receipt of application, you will be sent the Trustee information pack unless requested beforehand. This will provide further information regarding the position, key dates for applicant interviews and development and appraisal.
If you have any queries about the application or wish to discuss the post prior to application, please contact Tara Stephenson, Executive Assistant to CEO, via email. tara.stephenson@NEBDN.org