Dental Implant Nursing
Implant Dentistry is a highly advanced, specialised dental skill which is now a widely available treatment across the UK and overseas. It combines surgical skills with restorative expertise to help rebuild the dentition. Some examples of damage could be due to trauma, caries or malignancy. These cases require meticulous planning and exacting standards to ensure an optimum result for each patient.
Who is it for?
You will be required to complete a work-based Record of Competence (RoC). There are four sections to the RoC:
Record of Competence
You are required to complete a work-based Record of Competence (RoC). There are four sections to the RoC:
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets (PCAS)
- Case studies
- Directly Observed Clinical Skills (DOCS) Assessments
- Supplementary outcomes
This is a 90-minute written examination composed of two sections:
- Part A – 50 multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Part B – 30 extended matching questions (EMQ)
Examinations are held twice a year in March and September.
Award of qualification
In order to be awarded this qualification, you must:
- Complete and satisfy the requirements of the RoC
- Pass the examination
Exam Schedule coming soon