Qualification of the month – Dental Implant Nursing
NEBDN is supporting its course providers by sharing monthly articles named ‘Crowning Courses’, to highlight the Post-Registration qualifications on offer for accreditation. The articles are also useful for qualified dental nurses wanting to progress their careers, or those thinking of becoming a course provider wanting to know more about the qualifications we offer and how the course syllabus works.
This month’s Crowning Courses article features our Implant qualification.
The course at a glance
NEBDN course providers offering the Implant qualification can support qualified dental nurses in the progression of their Post-Registration journey.
The certificate in Dental Implant Nursing is one of NEBDN’s Post-Registration qualifications aimed at registered dental nurses in specialist practice. Implant Dentistry is a highly advanced, specialised dental skill which is now a widely available treatment across the UK and overseas. It combines surgical skills with restorative expertise to help rebuild the dentition.
The course content
For more information on our Implant qualification or syllabus click here
Currently NEBDN provide two online exam dates a year in March and September for all Post-Registration exams.
Prior to sitting the exam, candidates are required to complete a work-based assessment portfolio called the Record of Competence, which can now be completed online for ease of use to candidates and course providers.
Click here for full exam schedule.
• Online portfolio RoC
• Online exam
• One of the top 3 searched for qualifications on our course provider list in 2020, with 5,748 website views.
• Currently we have 12 course providers offering this course, and as you can see above, the interest and demand is there for new students to join.
• No accreditation fee for existing course providers (£500 for new applicants)
• Featured on our course provider search list
As an awarding organisation, NEBDN offer the most Post-Registration qualifications across the UK in Radiography, Implant, Sedation, Oral Health, Orthodontics, Special Care and Fluoride Varnish Application. Offering a wider range of qualifications provides flexibility for course providers wanting to expand and grow their businesses, as it allows students to stay within the same course provider practice when moving on to another area of dental nursing.
Process for accreditation
For more information, or to apply for accreditation, please contact the accreditation team at email@example.com or telephone us on 01772 429917.
Benefit of choosing an NEBDN accredited course
• NEBDN’s long-standing reputation outweighs many competitors, with over 75 years of providing dental nursing qualifications in both pre-registration and post-registration areas.
• Our primary qualification is recognised by a regulatory body, and as a registered charity we don’t charge any hidden fees or incentives, because our vision is to support the education and development of dental nurses in the UK.
• All candidates who successfully pass their qualifications are awarded certificates of completion as opposed to certificates of attendance which are of different relevance.
• Holding accreditation for delivery of qualifications indicates that the standards for education, policies, process and procedures in place, highlight an effective quality management system which is the core foundation of a course provider.
• An accredited qualification could be more favourable with employers who are aware of the standards required to achieve qualification.
- Accreditation fee for existing course providers – no charge
- Accreditation fee for new course providers £500
- Course fee to us *£195 per candidate
*Additional fees to students may apply, subject to each course provider policy and course schedule
Where can this qualification take me?
A qualified dental nurse who completes the qualification in Dental Implant Nursing, will be a vital part of the Clinical Implant team supporting the dentist, whilst contributing to the meticulous planning and exacting standards to ensure an optimum result for each patient.
Successful completion of this qualification will enhance your professional development and provide evidence to employers that you have had thorough training in this specialist area.