NEBDN External Examiner Recruitment
The National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN) is the largest awarding body for the provision of qualifications for dental nurses in the United Kingdom. With a range of both pre and post registration qualifications, NEBDN holds 16 examinations to over 4,000 candidates each year.
NEBDN are now looking to appoint an External Examiner to work with us on our primary qualification, the National Diploma in Dental Nursing.
The role of External Examiner will be to:
- Verify that assessment processes are secure, robust, operated equitably and in accordance with NEBDN policies and procedures.
- Act as a critical friend to the NEBDN Diploma Committee advising it of good practice and learning from elsewhere.
The appointed External Examiner must:
- Be a current registrant of the GDC;
- Have a working knowledge of education and current assessment methods;
- Have understanding of the GDC’s Preparing for Practice document.
The appointed External Examiner will typically:
- Have a working knowledge of current guidance on UK dental education;
- Have previous experience of external examining;
- Be able to commit to around 6 working days per year;
- Be able to travel independently throughout the UK.
The appointed External Examiner cannot:
- Have been an Examiner for NEBDN within the last 3 years;
- Have been a member of any NEBDN committee within the last 3 years;
- Be an accredited NEBDN Course Provider;
- Be currently enrolled as a candidate for any NEBDN qualification;
- Have any association with NEBDN which may be deemed a conflict of interest.
More information can be found here
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com detailing how you meet the requirements of the job profile and person specification.
The closing date for applications is Monday 3rd September at 5pm.